Camp Scholarship Programs
Here at Pleasant Hill Outdoor Camp in Ohio, we believe every child should go to camp regardless of a family's current financial situation. So we are committed to keeping summer camp affordable. This is accomplished in two ways:
1. Reduced pricing for every family:
- The full financial investment necessary for one week of camp is $600 per person.
- P.H.O.C. waives $205 of that cost for every camper. Each year, these waived fees total over $50,000 and are provided by faithful and generous donors and volunteers.
- The remaining cost to every camper for one week of camp is $395 per person.
2. Need-based scholarships make valuable camping experiences accessible:
- Because we believe every kid should go to camp, "Get to Camp" scholarships provide more significant assistance for families facing social and economic hardship.
- Scholarships are awarded to eligible families based on the severity of need as long as funds are available .
- To apply for a "Get to Camp" scholarship for one or more of your children, CLICK HERE to print, complete, and mail the application form.
3. 2017 Grant for Ashland County, Ohio Residents: Read below for qualification details
- The Ashland County Community Foundation has provided $2500 to be used to reduce the cost of camp for residents of Ashland County.
- Must be a resident of Ashland County
- Must not receive scholarship assistance from any other party (Social Services, Church, or Community Center)
- Must qualify for a Pleasant Hill Outdoor Camp need-based scholarship CLICK HERE to print, complete, and mail the application form.
- Scholarships may not be applied to Registration Fees, Store Accounts, or add-on experiences (Trail Rides, Horse Lovers', etc.).
- Scholarship awards are kept confidential and in no way influence a child's camping experience.